Looking for healthy dinner ideas? This is one of my favourites – it’s super quick to prepare and filled with lots of different green veggies, so naturally, it’s good for you!
This particular stir fry recipe has beef strips, but feel free to substitute with chicken, fish pieces, egg or tofu/tempeh if you want a vegetarian option.
Green Stir Fry
Author: Dina Savitz
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Protein of your choice - beef strips, chicken pieces or fish
- 3 bunches of bok choy
- 2 heads of broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- ½ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- Tamari to taste
- Natural spices to taste (I used African Grill from Table of Plenty)
- Heat up a large wok and melt the coconut oil so that it covers the bottom of the pan.
- Place your beef strips (or an alternative protein) in to the wok and add the spices - I used about 1 teaspoon of African Grill. Make sure you keep moving the meat around so that it all gets cooked evenly.
- Once the meat is no longer red in colour, add all of your veggies at once: bok choy, broccoli, leek and cabbage.
- Keep moving all the meat and veggies around the wok so that everything is evenly cooked. Add a splash of tamari as you stir fry the mix - you don't want to add too much so that everything is drenched, but just enough that the broccoli soaks up the beautiful flavour.
- The length of time you choose to stir fry for is up to you - the shorter you cook, the crunchier the veggies...and the longer you cook, the softer the veg.
I hope you enjoy this recipe – it was my dinner last night (and it was a good one!)
If you want more recipes like this one, sign up to be on the invite list below for my new program Effortless Fat Loss,